So after a self-imposed hiatus, I'm getting hyped up to work on this story I cooked up with my BIL last summer around a campfire. I tend to believe that talking too much about a project before I write it will kill it deader than a june bug ramming it's head on a screen door before it ever sees a poorly written first draft, but I will give you a hint and say I *hope* it's going to be something like the movies Kickass and the Butterfly Effect (minus the tragic ending) all rolled into one. One never actually knows how things will come out on the page, so we'll see about that.
Still working on my little Happiness Project for 2012. It felt so good during May to start paying off those bills that were sucking the life out of me, that I started thinking of other non-tangible things that aren't serving me:
#1 on my list was this extra 25 pounds I've been carrying around on and off since I became a mom. I don't really need to get back into my college jeans. They're hideous anyway. But I do miss being healthy and strong when I'm not. Not surprisingly, I've noticed a pattern--when I work out consistently, it disappears, and when I slack, well...hello fat wardrobe. So no more pathetic excuses. I joined the gym a few weeks ago and my goal for June is just to make daily exercise a habit and lose the first 5 pounds.
#2 is trickier...it's about letting go of relationships that don't serve you. Wisdom says the people you most want in your life are the ones who most want you in theirs. In other words, show up for those who show up for you. And as my friend B recently commented, never make anyone a priority who only makes you an option. So here's the deal. Love is energy. It's a life force. So where you direct it, something grows. Nothing wrong with throwing a little love around all day long! Giving hugs and making people smile. But giving all your most precious resource to people who just turn around and give their's to someone else is just foolish, right? Now imagine if you focus your high beams on the people who give it right back to you--along with the focus of their high beams. It's like an amplifier! Now the love you have to give others is overflowing, right? But in order to focus your love on people who can do that for you, you have to stop giving it all away to people who don't return it. You need to save some for the people that matter, the people who make you happier, the people who make you bigger and better. Let go of people who can let you go. Nuff said. Work in progress here.
No comments:
Post a Comment