Okay, just a few things because it's late and I have laundry to rotate and sleep to get:
1. The criminal justice academy is actually kinda creepy. I always thought it looked so majestic up there on the hill. The view of the tower from the road is really breathtaking, so when I found out I had a training session there, I was really looking forward to satisying my curiosty. While the information system training was everything I imagined it would be (and so much more), the building was also...very special. The kind of special I might need to write a book about.
2. 136 pages on Heart on Fire. Progress is slow - only nine pages in the past two days - but what can you do when you're writing on breaks and lunch hours? Rising action to the mid-point of the book is beginning to take shape. I'm envisioning the next turning point, but trying to remain flexible in case something way cooler comes up. I only have one problem. How much I like the boy character, and how hard it's going to be to ruin his life over the next 150 pages. I feel like I should be saving it - which of course is what I'm hoping will make this a more powerful read.
3. One more thing about work since I started my practical training this week... I *HEART* AFIS. Except when I break it. (Which of course is NEVER.)
2 comments:
I know I'll sound stupid, but what is AFIS?
Not stupid :) It's the fingerprint database at work. Kinda like you see on tv, but not really because there are no flashing lights when you find a match.
Post a Comment